What is Dual Monitoring?
Dual monitoring allows two individuals to participate in the monitoring services.
Should I utilize monitoring for a minor?
Generally, minors do not have active credit files yet established. Without a credit file available, there is nothing to monitor. Please know that the membership still provides recovery services if something is to happen; which is the real and true value.
What is credit monitoring?
Monitoring your credit reports regularly is your first line of defense. Credit monitoring is a very effective tool for becoming aware of fraudulent activity immediately. Every week, you’ll be informed of changes to your credit report, alerting you to activities such as:
- New inquiries
- New accounts opened in your name
- Late payments
- Improvements in your report
- Bankruptcies and other public records
- New addresses
- New employers
What is identity monitoring?
Identity monitoring is an early warning prevention technology for the detection of identity theft. Thousands of sources are searched for suspicious activity to determine if an identity thief is using your identity. You will receive an email alert if the identity monitoring has detected any changes to your personal information such as:
- Another name or identity has been established with your name
- Your Social Security number has been used with a new name or alias
- An identity thief has processed a change of address to divert mail and/or open a new account
- An identity thief is trying to gain employment or rent an apartment with a member’s personal information
Identity monitoring is based on credit header information and National Change of Address information. Once activated, you will also receive an initial identity monitoring report. The report will include:
- An initial Names and Aliases Report showing all names and aliases associated with your Social Security number.
- An Address History Report illustrating all the addresses associated with your name and Social Security number.
How do I begin the credit and identity monitoring activation process?
- Click on the “Buy Now” button which will redirect you to our ordering page on ID Experts.
- Select the monitoring services you would like to order to be directed to the online enrollment application/order form.
- Once you complete your order, you will need to visit https://www.idexpertscorp.com/membership/ and log in using your User ID and Password.
- Select the red button that says, “Activate Monitoring Services”.
Additional instructions are provided on the ID Experts Member website, to which you will have access once you enroll.
Do I have Recovery Services?
Yes, as part of your coverage with VerifID, you have automatic access to the ID Experts Recovery Team. They will assist you in determining if you are a victim of fraudulent activity.
How do I file a claim?
Once you have ordered your membership, you will receive a Welcome Letter providing you with the contact information for ID Experts. If you have not ordered a monitoring membership, you will need to contact your employer so that they can submit the request on your behalf.
What is identity theft?
According to the United States Department of Justice, the terms identity theft and identity fraud “refer to all types of crime in which someone wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s personal data in some way that involves fraud or deception, typically for economic gain.”
It is important to remember that a breach of your personal information does not mean you will experience identity theft.
What does the Recovery Advocate do?
If you become a victim of identity theft, ID Experts assigns a Recovery Advocate to manage your case from beginning to end. Your Recovery Advocate does a great deal of work so you can remain productive at work and at home. ID Experts disputes all fraudulent charges, contacts affected merchants, deals with collection bureau and works on your behalf to correct the problem. This service continues until your pre-theft credit status is re-established. Your Recovery Advocate will be your main contact and source of information during this time.
What can I expect when recovery is complete?
Once your case is closed, it will stay in ID Experts’ system for 36 months. If any other events stem from your unique identity theft case, they will re-open and take care of it. You will have access to Recovery Advocates if you ever have a question or concern.